Saturday, February 16, 2019

Leopard Print Thermos Koozie - Love the Fuzz!

For ten years I've been a huge fan of leopard print fabric. I came across a large piece sewn and backed to black fleece - enough to nearly wrap into a skirt - at Goodwill. I had visions of creating an insulated, stylish winter skirt or leg warmers, but fortunately I didn't have enough material or know-how to create either, nor did I think in the long run I would necessarily use them for a long period, so I gave up on both ideas.

I've decided to use the fabric for small, more practical projects like a koozie for my Stanley thermos. As with most Stanley products, they're well made and their thermos is no exception. When used the exterior metal is very cold to the touch, even with gloves. It seemed ironic that on winter days I grasped a cold thermos to sip hot liquid!

The construction was simple. With both fabrics (leopard print is more like velour with a nap than fleece) I wrapped around the cylindrical shape with enough overlap for a strip of black Velcro, sewed the edge, then the fastener. I hand-stitched the circular bottom two pieces to keep them from shifting, then machine stitched the circle to the cylinder.

The finished koozie is snug, stylish, washable, and - most importantly - keeps my hands warm!

7 comments:

  1. Best looking Stanley Thermos I've seen.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use the rest for a matching sweat band!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely bit of bicycle quirkiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, quirky is my middle name. ;) Anniebikes goodness.

      Delete
  4. This is cute! I'm thinking you need a leopard print neck warmer and maybe mittens to match.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.