Friday, October 16, 2020

Coffeeneuring 2020 - Second Cup, Slow Rolling with Adele

I brought a thermos of tea with mugs to share at our lunch spot.


We take a 5 minute ferry across The Cut (open water), linking two sides of causeway.


On board the ferry.



We negotiate a headwind on return trip.



Focusing on Gratitude

I jumped at the chance to ride with Adele when she proposed an outing involving the Causeway Bike Ferry. And, it seemed fortuitous that it was exactly one year since our last foliage-rich Canadian adventure, our typical foodie/bike rolling/impromptu way of meeting-Canada-head-on way of doing things - we'd looked forward to every year - but of course could not repeat in 2020. 

I'm very grateful to have Adele in my life. In addition to a great travel companion, we are both creative people, are often flexible, and learn to seize opportunities when they come. Because she is more outgoing than I am, she lends a friendly ear and often suggests a different path to follow. I am forever thankful to be her friend. Since Adele will not be spending the winter in Mexico this year, it's my mission to make sure we get out for winter walks.

The Place: South Hero
Date: Saturday, October 11
Drink: Tazo Wild Sweet Orange  Tea
Observation: I'm delighted to spend time with a special friend
Total Miles: 20

3 comments:

  1. It is so special to have a cycling friend/buddy. Especially when you like each other a lot and enjoy each other for your individual strengths. I, fortunately, also have one of those but we do only day rides once a week, and we do not do several days touring.
    I enjoy your stories, your photos and your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you very much, really! I'm delighted you have a regular cycling friend. Keeping active and connecting with important people are our salvation this year - at least for me.

      Delete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.