Wednesday, September 16, 2020

I Need a Mountain Bike, No Really!

Our youngest son led a fun outdoor adventure in nearby wooded trails that culminated in this jaw-dropping view.
I also tried out his fancy schmancy mountain bike.

Let me rephrase that: I need a modern 1X hard tail mountain bike. 

I happily ride old style mountain bikes for commuting because, really, they make the best stable machines to haul just about anything you'd ever want within a certain radius from home (insert your preferred mileage here). But when it comes to riding rooty, rocky, steep trails, well... a mountain bike would make these older bones much more comfortable.

It's no surprise that I'm gravitating towards the modern mountain bike direction. I had a blast last summer on a rented mountain bike at Kingdom Trails. The kicker? We now live within a 15 minute ride from access to a town trail network, which means after work getaways winding through the woods! 

But, with uptick in bike sales, it may be a while before I locate the right bicycle. In the meantime, I won't let the lack of a preferred bicycle prevent me from exploring!

3 comments:

  1. I like where this is heading, and think you'll enjoy it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I finally gave in and purchased a mountain bike to save my nice bikes in the bad weather and to ride the woodland and beach trails in some comfort. It is a hoot! When I can eventually choose my own tyres to something less knobly it will be a dream to ride off the regular hard surfaces. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sure you will squeeze maximum enjoyment from one.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.