Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Coffeeneuring 2019 - First Cup at Delta Park

 

New Places, New Spaces
My theme in 2019 centers around getting to know Colchester, the next town north of Burlington. Colchester's lakeshore is also extensive with public beach access and is home to the Colchester Causeway (currently closed for repairs). Pedaling beside, swimming in, and watching sunsets on Lake Champlain is my happy place. Whether it's a historical or waterways theme it seems I gravitate towards Lake Champlain.

My first adventure was timed before the impending noreaster and an upcoming non-biking weekend, which meant I made up the outing on a moment's notice. I grabbed a stainless mug off my desk and filled up at a Starbucks then beelined to the waterfront trail. I made it to Delta Park 5 minutes after sunset.

Delta Park is a unique and wild landscape comprised of wetlands, marsh, and natural beach. Indeed the short trail had old fallen trees that I lifted my bike over to find a quiet spot with a view.

The Place:  Delta Park
Date: Tuesday, October 15
Drink: Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Observation:  For a relatively obscure beach I was surprised to see a few folks, including a bundled couple enjoying a romantic picnic spread on a blanket, complete with wine and dinner.
Total Miles: 12



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on kicking off Coffeeneuring 2019, hoping to do ride #3 tomorrow rain or shine.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.