Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Coffeeneuring 2017 - Second Cup at Texaco Beach

On Sunday the weather is still sublime, sunny and in the 60's. I pack up my new toy bicycle - it's hard to take the Dahon seriously - but I'm tickled that my coffeeneuring basket fits well with ample clearance for my heels. I pressed an old versatile Eastsport pack into service as a handle bar bag.

Texaco Beach is easily accessed from the waterfront trail. A wide, sandy beach invites one and all. Two people with bikes made tracks in the sand and are huddled against rocks and trees in their own private oasis.

The wind howls from the south, but I've found an inviting clump of trees to hide behind. Sunshine. Warmth.

I fire up my 20 year old Coleman stove. It hisses.

I make herbal tea. yet again, because I didn't venture on my bike until mid-afternoon. One of these days coffee will be welcome.

For now, I sit on the log, sipping tea, admiring the lake. That's what I've come for. Calm. Water views. Foliage.

The Place: Texaco Beach
Date: Sunday, October 15.
Drink: Celestial Seasoning's Red Zinger Tea
Observation: The warm weather won't last and soon I'll be brewing coffee! 
Total Miles: 13

6 comments:

  1. Annie, that last picture, with the cup on the log, is truly great. Foreground interest and beautiful background leads the eye away. It's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you that you are still enjoying nice weather, the rains have come to Seattle and appear to be here to stay, I was going to ride yesterday but the blustery day put me off, still hoping for enough of a break to get a mid week Coffee ride in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! As usual, I love your approach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Annie — great report of you delightful time with tea at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful places you have for coffee without walls.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.