Thursday, October 13, 2016

Coffeeneuring 2016 - First Cup at Leddy Park

Using my ancient Ben & Jerry's mug, easily 30 years old.
Again, I plan to complete the Coffeeneuring Challenge, using the Coffee Shop Without Walls option. Since there are numerous public spaces to brew hot beverages, all with Lake Champlain vistas, my goal is to locate 7 additional scenic spots without repeating last year's list. 


To make it easy to organize the coffee accouterments, I pack everything inside a basket in our kitchen then bungee the goodies onto my rear rack.

Commuter bike, weekdays. Coffeeneuring bike on weekends.

As I pedal on the waterfront path, I notice the fall color is just beginning.

True to form, much like last year, the wind is howling during coffeeneuring, so I bypass the beachfront view at Leddy Park and opt for a somewhat sheltered spot on the bank. I set the water to boil beside a tree and put together my new coffee companion, a Helinox Ground Chair. The chair immediately topples over!


Mr. Pondero, how do you make coffeeneuring look so calm and relaxed?
I get the water to nearly boil then pour it over a drip filter. It's a slow process and the coffee turns out luke warm - not the best tasting drink, but by then I'm chilling down and gulp the coffee. Clearly, I need to reclaim my screen filter back from my husband who's taken it to his workplace. I also attempt a couple self-timed photos and realize I either look silly sitting in this miniature chair or I need to master some photo skills. However, I enjoyed the lovely view and there's always next time to improve my coffeeneuring experience!

The Place: Leddy Park
Date: Saturday, October 8.
Drink: Vermont Coffee dark roast 
Observation, Bike Friendliness: Tourists tend not to visit Leddy Park because the beach is hidden from the bike path by an indoor ice rink. 
Total Miles: 10

10 comments:

  1. I, personally, don't think you look silly in your chair. You look comfy and as though you're enjoying your surroundings. :) I hope you're able to complete your goal of a new view point each trip!

    I think I'm giving up trying to do this challenge. Something always seems to go awry every time I try - for various reasons - but I still love seeing the different locations and adventures others experience. I haven't completely given up hope this year though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep at it, GE! Remember the minimum miles (2) are pretty generous rules.

      Delete
  2. Between the basket of goodies and your Red Hoodie there is definitely a little red (bike) riding hood vibe going on here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha, never thought about Red Riding Hood! But yes, you have noticed that I love red and I have a few red hoodies and jackets plus I love baskets, especially the sturdy types that I can strap on my bike.

      Delete
  3. We have not tried it yet, but I have seen in San Francisco and our second home, Tucson there are some bicycle coffee groups. Group ride with stop to make trail side coffee - with all kinds of coffee and coffee making devices in use. Sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is also a group here that does Coffee Outside on Friday mornings, alas, but I cannot attend due to the schedule.

      Delete
  4. I believe your last photo is the very definition of calm and relaxed. My technique is to take lots of photos, and keep a few. If you could see my out-takes, you might find my clumsiness quite hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea for a blog post, Chris. Coffeeneuring photo bloopers. Do it!

      Delete
    2. Not exactly a blog post, but...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjLX5LaAlDI&feature=youtu.be

      Delete
    3. Fun! My stove is rather rickety right now so I expect this may happen to me too.

      Delete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.