Monday, March 17, 2014

Errandonnee - Day 2

I left home at 8 a.m. to get to school on time. It's not far, 1.5 miles, however school is at the bottom of a steep hill and with melting snow the day before, morning temps hovered near 10F. I'm nothing if not adventurous! I made it without having to dismount and walk; the roads remained dry. I pulled into the covered bike parking area with plenty of time to spare.

While locking my bike, I noticed the cigarette butt litter. Seems the bike rack is also smoking area. Go figure.

The Ross outside City Hall.
When I left class three hours later, it felt like Spring. I shed heavy gloves, unzipped my down parka. This time around I made it to the Police Department to renew our resident parking pass then stopped by City Hall during open hours to fork over city taxes. How I dislike both deeds!

I lug the basket inside the store and fill it as I go. That way I won't buy more than I can carry.
Then I tootled to City Market for groceries. As I left, I realized I'd forgotten to use my Bicycle Benefits sticker for a discount. I'm out of practice.

My Ross is a strong, capable bicycle, perfect for errand rides, a perfect step through style to keep my center of gravity low for grabbing the bars to stabilize a mountain of groceries. She's my hero.

Errandonnee Scorecard
March 11
Category: Work - School counts too. I rode to my class.
                Wildcard - Police Department for a parking pass
                Wildcard - City Hall to pay taxes.
                Grocery Store - City Market for eggs, milk, vegetables and such
Observation: You never know where you'll run into neighbors. I chatted with an elderly lady (I shovel her front walk during snowstorms) while waiting in line at the Police Department.
Miles: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.