Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Silk Does it Right

I acquire my silk tops at  church sales.
I adore the feel of silk against my skin. This paisley-print tank top is my go-to garment for hot, sticky weather. Silk breathes. Silk is lightweight and easily washable by hand, though I toss this one in the washing machine too. But like wool, silk is also warm in cool weather.

I got rid of all my old, stinky polypropylene shirts and long underwear. Between this silk tank top and a lightweight black silk long sleeve shirt, I've got hot and cool weather covered. These items are appropriate for bike camping and touring and can also double as sleepwear. And, they take up little space. What's not to like about silk?

*I will be off-line until September 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.