Saturday, November 5, 2016

Coffeeneuring 2016 - Fourth Cup at Starr Farm Beach

The coffeeneuring game face.
I headed out early afternoon with my husband for a leisurely pedal, one of those amazing windless days that seems to good to be true. We meandered, checking out a couple neighborhoods and homes for sale. The foliage along the waterfront trail blazed in golds, oranges, and reds - peak color - so I reveled beneath the brilliant canopy.

So it was no surprise that the coffeeneuring wind started blowing as we neared the appointed spot: the cement dock at Starr Farm Beach, a private beach community where my husband's family has a summer camp. My husband came up with what I thought was a brilliant idea: coffeeneuring on the end of the dock. I imagined relaxing in my chair with water all around!

Looking back on the shoreline shows the spectacular foliage.
However, with the increasing chilly north breeze we resorted to plan B, using the shelter of the dock for stove set up. I was growing colder, unfortunately so cold that I left my helmet on. I realized with the weather taking a turn I had to come better prepared next time. I needed my down jacket. As soon as I was done we packed up and left. 

My husband took this amazing photo.
I set a mean pace for the return trip, trying to get warm!

The Place: Starr Farm Beach
Date: Sunday, October 30
Drink: Yorkshire Gold English Breakfast Tea 
Observation, Bike Friendliness: This is a private beach community where my husband's family owns a camp, so we had free reign to pick the best beach spot. I need to wear warmer clothing the next time I venture out. 
Total Miles: 14

2 comments:

  1. Yorkshire Tea in the US - I'm impressed!! I use their Hard Water tea all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to tough it out but I hope #5 is more relaxing and less of an endurance test for you. Your Vermonters your a hardy bunch we get it ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.