Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Coffeeneuring 2016 - Second Cup at Bayside Park


I love coffeeneuring with my spouse. It's like a bike date and a picnic all rolled into one awesome outdoor adventure. And a bonus: I have a willing person who can take a snapshot of me relaxing in my camping chair - a self-imposed chore that's proving difficult with self-timing cameras limited to 10 seconds. (If anyone has photography tips, please reply in the comments. Otherwise, it's a good thing my readers can't see me perform this comical maneuver!)


My husband and I shared a bagel and watched s few sailboats zip across the bay. With an unusually hot summer and lack of rain, we'd heard that some sailboats are stuck in the sand, which would explain why, in mid-October, so many boats remain in the water.


I set up the stove behind a public building to heat tea water. What's up with all these windy coffeeneuring days?
I've been riding Miss Clementine lately for joy rides and for coffeeneuring - outings where I can keep my eye on her. We are getting to know each other.

The Place: Bayside Park
Date: Saturday, October 15.
Drink: Yorkshire Gold English Breakfast Tea 
Observation, Bike Friendliness: The beachfront park has a beautiful grassy lawn overlooking Malletts Bay. 
Total Miles: 21

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely spot by the lake. Miss Clementine is looking gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Rivendell blue, but I love the tires. Must be a comfy ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Miss C. is catching everybody's eye. The angle on that shot really highlights the width of those tires and the length of the stays. Such a plush ride without being "clunky" looking.
    Glad to see a pic out in the wild!


    Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to live in Middlebury, so went to Colechester reasonably often, though no by bicycle. My re-birth of cycling occurred after I move to England. It's good to see how beautiful the bay looks this autumn--and you seem to have had mild weather so far!

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.