Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Speaking of French Cyclists...

He's rather clownish. Red shoes, red bike. The following photos are from the Solo Circus in the UK, though Mr. beret man looks pretty French to me. I dig his flowers.


I'd always wanted to ride a penny farthing and this rendition appears comfortable. A mountain high wheeler?


Tall man, tall bicycle. Check out the orange globe on his rack. Rather like a flashing police light. Hmmm. Imagine using one of those at night...lots of visibility and cars might even pull over to let you pass!


I hope these images put a smile on your face.

4 comments:

  1. Love these photos! Reading your last few posts, I see that we have quite a bit in common. I'm planning a European cycle tour too! Not France, though. Thanks for the writing. It keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly did! I can't imagine how that guy rides a bike on stilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect the high wheeler may have been built from a 36 inch wheel unicycle. I am hoping to build one for
    myself one day. I think the high volume tires would make for a smooth ride. There is just something special about a high wheeler. No other bike gives me the same pleasure from just seeing one.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.