Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wind and Waves

30F, filtered sun, windy

I set out on a course to do an errand, intending to swim laps afterward at the YMCA. The sun felt oh so nice. I was toasty warm, especially in a down jacket and boots. I badly needed some Vitamin D.


So I went with it, pedaling until it was time to pick up my son from school. When I looped back on the waterfront path there was ice. Lots of ice in one section, so I walked a bit and got back in the saddle once more.

The sound of the wind and waves was precious - just what I needed. Listen for yourself.


And a brief rest on a bench, listening to quacking ducks on the lawn behind me.


Big sigh. All is right again, but duty calls and I head up the hill.

2 comments:

  1. You really know how to live. I love your rides by the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost breathe in the crispness in the air and can relate to the feeling of all is right again after a good ride.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.