Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Burlington's Bikes

The sky was moody, spitting snow flakes. As I walked through the university campus, reveling in the student break quietness, I was struck by the late afternoon light and the dusting of whiteness on the abandoned bicycles.


I try not to take this desertion personally. It's hard to ignore sometimes though, especially if I spy a bike that I'd like to love...

The architecture on campus is stunning. My favorite buildings tower over the The Green, a 2 block by 1 block tree-filled park, high on the hill.


As I continued on I thought about how bikes can take on hidden personalities - just by their relation to structures. For example: this bike has congregationalist leanings.


Or, these bikes are well-read. (This is our city library.)


Nothing brain-full here. Just a parting shot on the Church Street pedestrian mall with lots of cheer and twinkles.


I hope you all had a festive holiday. Pedal on.

1 comment:

  1. Great school and town, in so many ways. Enjoyed the story and pics!

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.