Thursday, April 6, 2023

Why Jack the Bike Rack?

Attached close to the stem, JACK The Bike Rack frees up space on the handlebars.

I chose JACK The Bike Rack for it's easy removal and functional adaptability to fit all kinds of handlebars and bikes. Plus, the platform has multiple attachment points so conceivably you can lash just about anything there - within reason, of course. My new touring bicycle can handle bolt on style front racks, but I envision a lighter weight touring style on this Beaujolais beauty, and wanted to experiment with something different.


The rack was shipped directly from the manufacturer and was cleverly packaged, complete with spacers to fit different handlebar widths, straps, bungee cord and special carabiners - indeed much more than needed - and I'll hold onto the accessories box, should I decide to try the rack on another bike.

It took 30 minutes to sort out appropriate connections and tension, but understanding JACK's angle placement was half the battle.

I'm looking forward to trying out JACK on a weeklong tour in May. I plan to strap my sleep system up front, most likely adding a cargo net for extra security. 

1 comment:

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.