Friday, December 11, 2020

Outdoor Ventures Jacket - My New Favorite Garment

I've been looking for sometime for a longer length shoulder season jacket that would provide protection from the elements. I bought the Outdoor Ventures Women's coat two months ago and have been so pleased with it's features that it has been my go-to jacket ever since.

I purchased the purple color, which is a lovely dark plum rather than bright purple. The softshell material has a flecked texture with fused fleeced interior. The hood is roomy; zippered front zips to high protective collar. 

I purchased the drawstring waisted version - more for style rather than anything else. The fit is roomy enough to wear another fleece jacket underneath. Sleeves are plenty long to use while bike riding.

I love the double zipper and snap-front placket. The jacket is easy to wear on bike rides, and in conjunction with the rear split hem provides ample coverage, especially in windy inclement weather.


Two fleece-lined on-seam pockets are a great addition. 

The jacket is windproof and weather resistant. To test it's rain proof capabilities, I wore the coat in a steady rain. It leaked a little around the shoulder seams after an hour, but otherwise held up remarkably well. It was muddy but I sponged mopped the jacket clean. Tag says you can machine wash and line dry.

For a low cost, weather resistant, stylish coat - for walking, hiking, skiing, or cycling - the Outdoor Ventures jacket is great value.

1 comment:

  1. Very practical Annie and a good colour. If it loses its waterproofing you can always reproof with something like Nikwax, which has worked for me.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.