Monday, April 30, 2018

Out with the Old, In with the New

Spring, as in other parts of the U.S. has been slower to show it's warmth and floral color than in years passed. We are still encountering snow in Vermont, though not along what I deem the banana belt of Lake Champlain, where I live. Rivers are high and there's 83" of snow on top of our Green Mountains, reminding me of Northwestern snow pack! However, salt-free roads abound and the street-sweeper has cleared most of our bike paths and lanes, so I retired the Trek winter bike and brought out my beloved Peugeot St. Laurent.

During the winter, I missed the ability to stow belongings in a basket so come late fall I plan to rectify that problem on my Trek. Until then, happy Spring riding aboard whatever bike you ride!

*Holy moly, this is my 1001 blog-post since 2010!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1001 post! :)

    Eighty-three inches of snow!! Wow, that is a lot, but it's nice to see you've been able to retire-for-the-season your winter bike and get the Peugeot back out on the road. I hope you're enjoying the spring season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had record high temperatures in Hoquiam, Washington, so things differ from spot to spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cross country RV trip begins in Burlington this year. My wife and I, with our bikes will be camping there on August 8th and 9th before we head into Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool John! Contact me by e-mail closer to your departure date - I'd love to meet you.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on 1000+ posts, and I hope there are many more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its been a grand time Annie, and Viva Le Peugeot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good basket is a boon.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.