Friday, February 3, 2012

A Restored Stearns Yellow Fellow

When what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a Stearns with a unique roller gear!

A restored 1899 Yellow Fellow Stearns at Old Spokes Home. Photo credit: Old Spokes Home
I'm not usually a connoisseur of old bikes though I have an appreciation for the way they've shaped this sport that I love so much. This particular model means a great deal. The popular poster advertising the Yellow Fellow bike is the same that I use for my profile—a cropped portion of the woman's skirt and orange step-through frame.

Less then 2 miles away Old Spokes Home has recently restored an old Stearns. Check out the interesting roller gear that drives the bike. No need for a chain. The shop will add this beauty to their on-premise museum.

Now if I can only find a fabric that resembles the attractive pattern on the woman's skirt...

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of this bike nearly as much as I love the fabric of the woman's skirt! Mustard is a gorgeous colour for both bicycle and fabric pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.