Saturday, January 28, 2012

On Battery Street

It was a rare 40 F day in January and I wanted to ride. I stuck to cruising quiet neighborhoods and a bit on a busy artery—anything to avoid the icy waterfront path. I experimented filming with my camera perched atop a flexible tripod that was secured around the handlebars. While it's certainly safer than hand-holding the camera, there is some jumpiness and clattering in the footage (due to the cement sections). The squealing brakes couldn't be helped; Battery Street pathway is a steep one. It was pretty windy too as you can tell from the noisy video. It sounds like I'm just another mumbling fool on a bike!


1 comment:

  1. I have to confess I hold my camera when I am taking videos of my ride, but I don't watch the camera screen, I watch the road. It feels quite safe, though I did have to play around with the angle of the camera to get it right and to hold it steady. It looks pretty scary when I replay the video with cars going around me but I can brake or steer anytime I need to and I have a pocket to put the camera into when I am finished. Nice video!

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.