Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Coffeeneuring 2022 - First Cup Riverside

A beautiful spot near the boat access ramp on the Winooski River.

First time using my new stove. Wow, boiled a cup in 2 minutes. A balmy 60F.

Ginger tea - only non-caffeinated tea in the pantry.

I rode my Rachel, initially to have the local shop refit a much loved old rack. 

They added an extension, that worked quite well. I'm pleased.

Loop Rides

This is my Tenth year of the Coffeeneuring Challenge! I'm dedicating this year's miles to loop rides because I normally ride an out and back route (at sunset these days), escaping the drudgery of a home office. I'm also using Strava to learn the app and more accurately record mileage.
 
I'm not feeling the love, sadly, this year for coffeeneuring. I have family obligations that are weighing on me, so we'll see how it goes. Here's hoping great weekend weather awaits! Maybe that and dedicated daylight loop rides can pull me out of a funk.

It's been years since I brought a stove and made tea/or coffee, but balmy weather made it easier.

The Place: Riverside at the Ethan Allen Homestead
Date: Saturday, October 15
Drink: Ginger Tea
Observation: Flocks of birds were singing!
Total Miles: 15

2 comments:

  1. I admire your dedication to carrying a little stove and boiling the water. I just make my tea in the thermos and off I go. Never tastes quite right though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stove kit is pretty small, so easy set up or hauling in backpack if I'm riding my mountain bike. It's not so much dedication as it being warm enough to fiddle with matches, etc. It's been pretty warm for my first 4 outings, but it will be cold enough soon. If I feel safe this autumn, I'd like to hang out a coffee shop for a change!

      Delete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.