Friday, January 31, 2020

Thankful for QCBC Wrench Series



How to work on your bike in good company? Attend a weekly Queen City Bike Club Maintenance Night! New this winter, when it's too cold or snowy to hold the usual club ride and later gathering at Zero Gravity, you can attend an open session at Old Spokes Home to address any bike issues. Guided by a lady staff mechanic, I showed up to clean my Trek Antelope's drive train, popping the chain into an ultrasonic cleaner, plus replaced the right shifting cable and housing. The next session is in another week or so and with scarily soft brakes, that's the next item on my agenda.

It's great to have dedicated time to get some much needed maintenance done.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds a great idea, and to be able to use their equipment is a bonus. I've bought stuff from Old Spokes Home and they gave great customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope there was still beer Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No beer, though I brought my own and felt awkward because I was the only one... A good group of folks showed up. I hope to attend again.

      Delete
  3. Queen City: Wikipedia lists 38 such places in the US alone with that nickname. Besides Seattle; the first Queen City to pop into my mind, there are also Queen cities (or so it’s claimed) as far away as Alabama and Georgia, California, Maine and Alaska. To keep this comment short; have you moved? If so; where to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve. Haven't moved yet. Frantically fixing up current house to sell. We move in May, 6 miles north, so not far, but a daunting transition. I rode my bike to work yesterday for peace of mind. Felt so good.

      Delete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.