Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thwarted


It's March and just when I was ready to ride to work 4 inches of snow fell in the Champlain Valley. I took these photos on my drive home. The snow clung to branches, setting a wintry mood.


It didn't appear to stop some hardy riders from pedaling on a whitened bike path.


Or this skier on the edge of the road. Maybe I'll be able to ride my skinny boards for one last time if the cold hangs on for another day. If not, well, I might as well embrace the coming spring. Bulbs are sprouting in my front yard and squirrels are draining my feeders.

Ah, but it's supposed to get warmer by the weekend. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. Oh March...snow one day, warm another. It will be great when the weather makes up its mind.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.