Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm Lovin' The Mag

Maglianero Cafe is growing on me. What used to feel cavernous is now enjoyable spaciousness. At 8:30 in the morning soft music played and a sense of calm permeated the place. With an inch of fresh snow, it was the first time that I arrived on foot.


With coffee in hand I turned to set my backpack at a table and was immediately drawn to this bike display on a wall.


Wow. A single speed Mixte with purple hand grips. But wait, there's more.


The frame is decorated with comics and magazines—an amalgam of color and texture. Stunning. The bike looks impeccable all decked out in shiny chrome. And fully functioning too. I'm in love.

Two bikes are on display by Hunt Manley. He's a studio artist who also wrenches at Old Spokes Home. More photos of this bike here. In case you're inspired, drop Hunt an e-mail: hunt.manley@gmail.com.

Later when I went outdoors I realized the snow threw me for a loop. I am now at peace, no longer feeling compelled to pedal whatever the cost. My personal meter is whether it's fun to ride as opposed to scary. Fright = cold + slippery. The sun is shining (hallelujiah!) and the fresh air feels good, whether it's enjoyed by two feet or two wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.