Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rails-to-Trails Hall of Fame


A family takes a break on the Causeway.

I was ecstatic to discover my local trail, The Island Line, a Hall of Fame champion at Rail-to-Trails this month. You've heard me mention the Burlington Bike Path...well, this is a section of the greater 14 mile Island Line that links 3 communities. A segment, the Causeway, is a personal favorite for its marble lined section that arcs through Lake Champlain.

With a ferry service that links an open water section, several city parks, and two bridges, the line is especially suitable for families or anyone who wants a spectacular rail trail experience. My favorite time of the year is the fall where the leaves explode in color and Canadian geese rule the skies.

Here's to our special award!


Waiting for the ferry.

Bridge linking Burlington with Colchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.