Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sandy Skies

Due to the upcoming time change, last week was the final chance to sit astride a saddle for commuting to work until spring.

On Monday (normal day off), I cruised to the Causeway. I stayed home on Tuesday because our boy's school was cancelled. I was glued to The Weather Channel, watching Hurricane Sandy wreak its horrible wrath on the eastern U.S. Despite the warnings, warm and humid weather with little rain and wind blessed our part of the east and we spent most of the day outdoors. Strange.

When Wednesday dawned, these brooding Sandy-filled skies were so ominous (and exciting too-I love storms) that even though they'd yet to dump anything, I chose to drive a car to work. We often experience thunder and lightening storms with swirling, whirling cloud cover, but never anything (fortunately) like the cloud mass overhead. It was so weird that I snapped a few photos out the car window.

It rained on and off the whole day, but nothing torrential. It seemed we'd escaped the brunt of Hurricane Sandy.

On Thursday, with less rain in the forecast, I rode my bike to work and enjoyed a spectacular tailwind coming home. Good thing too. I used four blinking lights to light my way.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you managed to avoid the worst that Sandy had to offer...Great pics. Thanks for the post.


    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.