Friday, May 6, 2011

Bike Sandals

I finally have the perfect warm weather footwear for cycling. For years I'd been wearing only bike shoes, mainly for the stiffness and support they provide for efficient pedaling. My first pair were Bata Bikers, then Nike, then my current and rather ragged pair are by Shimano. I wear these when it's too cool to wear my favorite Nashbar sandals.

This sandal/shoe fits like the old earth shoes (remember them?) with its wider toe box, but has the addition of  adjustable velcro-type straps. I've owned this pair of sandals for two years. They are rugged and comfortable, with or without socks. Like other bike shoes the sole is rigid and has a cut-out to expose the cleat should one desire the clipless pedal system.

For me the comfort on and off the bike is important. This sandal has a semi-cushioned foot-bed. I tested them on a four day bike tour, often walking around in a campground or ambling about town. With leatherette uppers and purple stitching, they are stylish and even look great if I wear a skirt. Best of all, and unlike other bike sandals, they are affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.