Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Errandonnee 2015 - Rock Those Errands!

Pink and purple yoga mats are bungeed to my rear rack.
The Errandonnee challenge was a fun ride this year, thanks to lucky March weather and MG's inclusive rules. I was able to do normal errands, which fit into available categories. The only difficulty lay in searching for an arts or entertainment venue. Fortunately, my husband had signed up to volunteer at a curling fundraiser, and being somewhat interested myself, I made a point to stop by and enjoy a delightful hour, marveling at a hockey rink transformed into four curling lanes. Eight teams playing at once was certainly worth the visit!

Errandonnee Scorecard
March 11
Category: Personal Care, YMCA yoga class
Observation: Sivananda yoga is tough on my back.
Miles: 2
March 11
Category: Work or Volunteering, I rode to work (all week too, woohoo!)
Observation: Puddles galore, snow is melting fast. 
Miles: 10

Yoga and grocery shopping in one evening, plus arriving home after dark.
 I attribute the nice weather to such a feat.
March 11
Category: Store, I bought ginger goodies for a friend's birthday
Observation: I rode home in the dark - a milestone! 
Miles: 2


A TD banking we will go, a TD banking we will go, high ho the derrio...
Actually, my boys and I rode to the bank, but I forgot to take a photo.
I returned another day to capture this image.
March 14
Category: Personal Business, Opening bank accounts for our children
Observation: It was the first time this year that my boys and I rode together.
Miles: 2


After banking we rode to the bike shop. That's my son with the GoPro.
He films himself ride over jumps, rumbling over ice - oy vey! 
March 14
Category: Wild Card, local bike shop
Observation: It's easy to spend money on bike goodies. I purchase a helmet, seat, and front fender for our boys.
Miles: 2


I often support this local franchise.
March 14
Category: Wild Card, pet store, hay for our bunny and guinea pigs.
Observation: I felt sorry for 4 gerbils; each was housed in a separate tank.
Miles: 1



What a great event to watch - Go curlers!
March 14
Category: Arts and Entertainment, watched a curling tournament at Cairns Arena.
Observation: Participants hooted and hollered, obviously having fun in the fundraiser event.
Miles: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.