Friday, August 24, 2012

Au Revoir for Now...

I will be looking for a Swiss patch to add to the backpack. 
I'm nervous and ready to start the adventure. The backpack is full of hiking/biking items. The trekking pole handle sticks out, but I think it's okay as is. I can't walk though the airport with it because of its sharp point, which I presume is a security risk. You may recognize the carry-on satchel. It's the one I retrofitted for a handlebar bag. The small pannier is an additional item that contains my helmet, tights, and fleece hoody. I figured I could use the extra warmth in air-conditioned airports. A friend is bringing the tent so I'm traveling light.

Piles of stuff littered a corner of our bedroom for two weeks.
I'm going for a walk before my hubby comes home to transport me to my flight. I'm too keyed up to remain still. I have posts scheduled ahead to fill in the 3-week gap, though I plan on remaining unplugged for the duration.

I will be in the air when you read this. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a really great time Annie, even though you probably won't read this till you get back. I'll look forward to reading about your adventures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Annie, have an awesome adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck Annie! Happy cycling and hiking adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.