Sunday, November 13, 2011

Riding for Chocolate

When I'm out of chocolate at home I've been known to go for a ride...to get some! Ghirardelli 60% Cacao is my chocolate of choice. The chips are larger than other brands - about the size of the end of your finger. Perfect for popping one or two at a time into my mouth.


I discovered this style years ago. I munch on them at work. At home. They even go with coffee. Because I ride my bike a lot I can get away with the extra calories. Or do I consume chocolate and then have to get some exercise? It's a never-ending cycle and I'm not sure what came first - kind of like the chicken and the egg.

As I said, I was out of chocolate (blasphemy!) and I met my youngest boy at his school. A quick detour was in order to replenish my stock. It was a windy, chilly day too so the plan was to also buy ingredients to make chocolate oatmeal cookies (I'm not above bribing the children). I purchased an extra bag of chips: a semi-sweet variety more conducive to cookies.

If I had added walnuts my mom calls these Cowboy Cookies.

And today I went on another chocolate run, but this time to deliver truffles to my brother who was kind enough to support my son's school fundraiser. I don't think my brother's a choco-fanatic though, like moi.


The 10-mile round-trip was a welcome ride, especially after I felt like a slug all day, driving our children around, then typing, drinking coffee, and slipping you-know-what out of the cupboard, quickly down the hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.