Monday, May 30, 2016

A Year of New Beginnings

As blossoms fall and puddle, swirling and whirling, the heady aroma accompanying smiles,
I ride.

As thoughts turn to summertime goals, maybe an overnight per month?
I ride.

As a jumble of accessory window-shopping Internet brain binges for a bike that will arrive this summer - a scary unseen, untested purchase, no less - has me in titters,
I ride.

I still can't quite believe it's happening - first new bike in 30 years,
I ride.

I'm ready to let go of two old much-loved bicycles...at least I think I can!
Still, I ride.

Leaving this Friday with a friend for a 4-day Canadian bicycle adventure, bed & breakfast accommodations - another first!
Oh baby, anticipating this ride.

And because this friend is also awaiting a new bike - a custom one - we've made tentative plans for an autumn shakedown tour.
That promises to be a fantastic ride!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of exciting stuff ahead. Soak it all in, and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time and take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun in your future! :) Looking forward to hearing (reading) all about the new bike and your riding adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of last minute details - home life stuff mainly - and we're off to laugh, dally, ply back roads, cross the Canadian border, visit vineyards, a monastery (hopefully), and dine on French fare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear about your adventures no the new bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New bike day is the best! Looking forward to you post. Have a great bike tour.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.