Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy Feet

A pre-storm warm front blustered through our area on Sunday, bringing summer-like weather. And big wind gusts. The kind that howl. Once I collected the detritus of 30 mph wind gusts: our trash can, plastic sled (kids left outside full of blue surgical gloves filled with water -- don't ask -- which then toppled over and sailed into a neighbor's yard, spreading blue hands from here to kingdom come), Nerf darts, and lawn chair (my fault) I finally got around to getting ready for a bike ride. I celebrated the glorious warmth by wearing my beloved bike sandals, a definite sign that Spring's here to stay. The lake ice has sailed towards Canada, finally and my little piggies are dancing a happy tune.

Who else has favorite sandals for bike riding?

5 comments:

  1. Are those Nashbar. Looks like the logo if I recall correctly. I have a pair of Keens I cruise around in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mine are Nashbar sandals. I love them.

      Are your Keens the special bike shoes?

      Delete
  2. Those look super comfy for riding. I generally ride in my Keen sandals, and always look forward to putting them on rather than enclosed shoes. :O) I always worry that they'll wear out and then Keen will stop making those particular ones. Eek! That would be horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I asked Randy, are yours the special bike sandals? I ask because my girlfriend rides in regular Keen sandals and loves them.

      Delete
    2. Mine are just the regular Keen sandals... not the bike-specific ones. I've figured if I'm not going to clip in, there's no real reason to purchase the special ones. I know they are a little bit stiffer in the sole, but I'm still not convinced that the extra stiffness is a requirement.

      Delete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.