Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cheviot, My Love


Betty Foy. Both photos, credit: Rivendell
Reader Ryan brought the new Rivendell Cheviot bicycle to my attention. For years, I've been in love with the Betty Foy and now this orange beauty has lured me in, frame, handlebars, and all. To my eye, the Mixte frame looks exactly like the Betty, though that can't be, otherwise the Betty would now be available in an alternate color. Perhaps the Cheviot's wheel base is longer. Whatever the flavor of reason, like all Rivendell's bikes, the Cheviot has great utility.

Then again, maybe it's just the color.

2 comments:

  1. Tis a rare bird. I keep my eyes open, hoping to glimpse one in the wild, perhaps speeding down a wooded hill laden with S24O gear, but so far no joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange is the fastest color ;-) Love the look of the Cheviot.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.