Sunday, May 13, 2012

Treated to a View


On my commute home there is a point where my wheels head west, directly at Lake Champlain. All day showers threatened in between bursts of magnificent sunshine. I didn't know if I'd pedal in rain pants or hike up my tights for fresh air. As it turned out the moisture kept at bay and I was treated a lovely view. Light rain was falling across the lake and yet the clarity of New York's mountains, nearly ten miles across, is absolutely astounding. This is always a sign that stable weather is coming.

Now, three days later, I am sore from spending 8 hours roofing our family's lakefront camp. The clear weather did arrive. I rode to camp yesterday and home after the long day. But today, Mother's Day, I will gently pedal with my husband for a bit, probably along this lakefront that we dearly love. And gobble the Extra Dark Lindt Truffles that were part of my gift.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have earned those Truffles.....

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes it is! And happy Mother's Day to all :)

      The DC

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a great Mother's Day. I rode with the hubby today too, which I hadn't done for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riding with the hub is always special and something I can't ever get enough of...stay tuned, you wouldn't believe what I found at the beginning of our ride!

      Mothers Day was filled with time to myself for creative sewing, bike riding with my youngest son, and a dinner with lots of relatives. I didn't partake in any roofing chores today.

      Delete
  4. There are certain views on regular rides that always make a bicyclist smile. It could be the first hint of water, a tree that means you're close to home or the vista from a hilltop that highlights the finish of a hated climb.

    I've a feeling this one rates a grin :-)

    Happy chockie gobbling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mother's Day sounds a bit like mine, chocolates and family get together, nice way to spend a special Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh. I think you are the first person I have run into, either virtual or irl, that also owns a Ross bike! I have a Ross Mt. Pocono mountain bike. Happy ridin! Cya

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.