Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bike Craft

Photo credit: Jonathan Maus, BikePortland
Again Bike Crafters displayed their wares in Portland, Oregon.

Crocheted bike seat covers anyone?

Or a lovely stained glass sun catcher...

Photo credit: Jonathan Maus, BikePortland

Ooo la la...if I could only be there to paw all over that bikey stuff.










My personal favorite: scrap fabric meets heavy metal. Stylish, fabric-covered bike locks. I also envision leopard-print bungee cords - I guess I'll make my own.

Photo credit: Jonathan Maus, BikePortland
It makes one want to live in Portland...but then again, why doesn't someone start something like this in New England?

More photos and Bike Portland's recounting of day one of the 2-day event found here. Click and drool.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for bike crafts. :) I looked for stuff like that at the Renegade Holiday Fair, but didn't find much other than silk-screened t-shirts and mugs, nothing actually made for or from a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice to have those seat covers in a waterproof material so our little hineys dont get wet! Maybe even have commercials on the seat covers and get paid for it!

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.